Thursday, February 26, 2009

Twentieth Day


Making Blog titles are becoming harder for me now, I don't know how to spell the right word most of the time *u*

Just now I had an argument with someone from a community, apparently, someone posted a comment that isn't really what you would count as constructive criticism but just plain, outright, biased opinion which isn't something you need to tell if it doesn't interest you AT ALL and nothing else. And what happened was, "I won't play your game because it has anime mugshots. "

Ok, is this a personal attack? Constructive Criticism? Or what? I don't know, I know graphics play a large part in a game but I still find this uncalled for and extremely stupid BS.

Unfortunately I refuse to partake in that community, I know very nice people in there but if I'm going to see that kind of BS to a friend of mine, that's just stupid. And what's sad is people tend to think that I'm drawing her own art. I'm not arguing for the sake of defending my friend but for the sake of those who draw like me who uses anime. If he wants to personal attack he could've just pmed her or something I dunno.

I'll be removing the Advent Cirno site in the links and use the other site that I find really nice for uploading indie games :) It's just starting but the site is very beautiful and clean. On the other hand, I've been working hard on Advent Cirno, until I saw that incredibly stupid comment that burned my remaining motivation to bits. I wouldn't be surprised if I don't update at all because I couldn't concentrate with my work on how disturbed I am :|

Ignore the bg and horrible mapping please :(
I'm working on it!

That's it and good bye.
Thank you for the nice comments tho.

7 comments:

CATGUN said...

{Quote}Just now I had an argument with someone from a community, apparently, someone posted a comment that isn't really what you would count as constructive criticism but just plain, outright, biased opinion which isn't something you need to tell if it doesn't interest you AT ALL and nothing else. And what happened was, "I won't play your game because it has anime mugshots. "
{Quote}

Won't play a game because it has anime mugshots?What next,I won't play a game because it has anime looking character?Such comment should be flamed especially the poster.I can't believe such a commenter still live.

Just ignore those comment.

Don't let one stupid comment interrupt your work.Focus on the game and ignore those fools.Show them what you can do.

In game:My such a lovely background remind me of Super Mario World except this one is very relaxing.*-*(Eye shine with surprise)

I keep an eye on your project and remember do not let one stupid comment hold you from finishing your game.See ya.^-^

Hatsuya Kanzaki said...

Ugh! That McGee / Legion guy! Actually, he used some anime-ish resources actually like the ones in Iron Gaia (and Virus), and now... what a hypocrite!

sflavalle said...

I made a longer comment in your last post, so I'll be brief here.

Legion's comment was VERY unnecessary and pointless, but please don't interpret it as a personal attack on you or Skie. As much as I believe he shouldn't have bothered saying it, it was an opinion to his personal tastes and nothing more.

The argument did get a little out of hand, and it's embarassing how people take sides regardless of who's right. The only truth here is that people have their opinions, and you and Skie have talent! (Legion even later said that that artwork was well done, even though he's not a fan of the art style).

Don't let it get to you, keep going strong on Advent Cirno, many look forward to it!

valkryz said...

Oh well, you see, it's kind of a prevalent attitude in .ORG :-/ I encounter these comments for some times, eventhough you are pretty frustrated right now, I can say it's not really a big deal. That jerk should not be paid any attention, he doesn't deserve that. If he refuses to play your game or Skie's, it's his lost, not yours :-/
Well xD Take your time, play any Touhou game and I'm sure you will be back to your seat soon ^^

Anokorok said...

How can one comment burn your motivation to bits? People will state their opinions if they want too. If you take that personally, you're causing problems for yourself.

Take it easy~ and keep on working. :)

Archeia_Nessiah said...

I need to take it easy yeah. But it's ok I got over it :)

Darken said...

Why did you leave RMN and blank out your projects cause of one person? Come back ):

I'll agree Legion was being an ass, but you acted like everyone on RMN was out to get you or something.

Post a Comment